Your food journal should include the following information:
· All of the food that you consume. This includes all meals, snacks, desserts, etc.
· All of the beverages you consume. This includes water, alcoholic, and non-alcoholic beverages.
· All of the supplements, vitamins, etc. that you consume.
· Include a full weekend: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to compare to your weekday choices.
· Include any exercise or physical activity.
Step 2: Enter your food and beverages from your journal into a Nutrition App of your choice, (ex. FitGenie or MyFitness Pal, Nutrition Calc).
· If you have already tracked your food in an APP, you do not have to re-enter your food a second time.
The Food tracking App must allow the option for foods and beverages to be categorized into carbs, fats, and protein- not just calories.
Step 3: Give a reflection summary about what you learned regarding your diet.
· What are your initial thoughts about your diet? (10 points)
· Would you change anything about your diet? (10 points)
· Do you feel your typical diet was reflective of this food journal? Why or Why not? (10 points)
· If you were presenting this to a Registered Dietitian, what clinical observations might they make? (10 points)
Assignment Expectations for Grading:
1. Demonstration of critical thinking, scholarship, and ability to connect and apply the material
2. Comprehensiveness and completeness of your responses
3. Adherence to the written instructions
4. Spelling and grammar for more information on Nutrition Nursing check on this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_health_nursing