Please answer this in detail, avoid irrelevant sentences, and answer the questions with substantive responses.
Parents of a toddler boy noticed he began to walk on his toes, was falling often, and struggled to stand back up. Over time it became more difficult for him to life his knees high, which affected his ability to run. At age six, doctors noted that he had progressive muscle wasting. Over more time, his trunk muscles began to weaken along with the others, and as a result he developed a protuberant abdomen. Lordosis become evident as well. He was confined to a wheelchair at age eight and he began to develop muscular contractures.
1. This toddler boy has an x-linked recessive disorder that results in progressive muscular weakness and muscle contractures. What is it called? What does it mean to be x-linked?
2. Define the term “dystrophy”. Why is this term appropriate when describing the boy’s case?
3. The boy in this case first showed signs of his disorder when he began walking on his toes. What are ALL of the muscles that are used to walk on his toes? (Hint: there are many answers here).
4. Another common problem seen in patients with this disorder is lordosis and abdominal protuberance. What muscles would become weakened to cause abdominal protuberance? (Hint: there are many answers here too!).
Week 6 Critical Thinking Exercise
For the Week 6 Critical Thinking Exercise, you will answer the following questions using your critical thinking and reasoning skills: Please be sure to complete all of them with thorough substantive responses.
1. Explain why a lack of ATP would cause muscles to stay relaxed or contracted.
2. How would your range of motion be affected if you lacked a sternocleidomastoid?
3. Why do you think cold compressions reduce blood flow to the ankle and heat would increase blood flow to the ankle in the case of an injury?
As the best, my homework help website in the world, Writersabc.com strives to deliver only high-quality finished papers to all customers. We value impeccable quality and guarantee that we will deliver on that promise more than anything else. We will deliver!
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
Have you received your finished paper but are not satisfied with what our writer submitted? You can initiate our money-back guarantee to get your money back with no strings attached.Read more
Writersabc.com is the best my homework help website in the world. At WritersABC, we have a team of certified, tried, and tested writers who work around the clock to ensure that you receive only high-quality, 100% original finished papers.Read more
At WritersABC, we guarantee all our customers of the best essay writing service in the writing industry. And that’s precisely what we strive to deliver. As such, we encourage all our customers to utilize our unlimited free-revision policy if you aren’t satisfied with your paper. Don’t accept any paper until you are 100% satisfied with it.Read more
We value the trust that our clients accord us and respect every customers’ rights to personal data protection. We will never share, sell, or rent any information that we collect from you with any third parties. Both your personal and financial information is safe with us.Read more
We have only gotten this far with the help of our loyal customers and a team of dedicated experts. As the best, my homework help website, WritersABC implores customers to help make our writers’ work easier. Visit our fair-cooperation guarantee for more information on the same.Read more