For this assignment, create a PowerPoint presentation based on the following case studies.
Read the following two Case Studies and answer the questions presented.
African-American Case Study #2 – Mr. and Mrs. Evans
1. Describe the organizational structure of this family and identify strengths and
limitations of this family structure.
2. Describe and give examples of what you believe to be the family’s values about
3. Discuss this family’s views about child-rearing.
4. Discuss the role that spirituality plays in this family.
5. Identify two religious or spiritual practices in which members of the Evans family may engage in treating hypertension, diabetes, and mental illness.
6. Identify and discuss cultural views that Dorothy and her parents may have about mental illness and medication.
7. To what extent are members of the Evans family at risk for illnesses associated with environmental hazards?
8. Susan has decided to become an organ donor. Describe how you think the Evans family will respond to her decision.
9. Discuss views that African Americans have about advanced directives.
10. Name two dietary health risks for African Americans.
11. Identify five characteristics to consider when assessing the skin of African Americans.
12. Describe two taboo views that African Americans may have about pregnancy.
Appalachian Case Study #1 – William and Gloria Kapp Questions:
1. Describe the migration patterns of Appalachians over the last 50 years.
2. Discuss issues related to autonomy in the workforce for the Appalachians.
3. Identify high-risk behaviors common in the Appalachian region.
4. Describe barriers to health care for people living in Appalachia.
5. What might the nurse or physician do to encourage Mrs. Kapp to comply with her prescription regimen?
6. What would your advice be regarding each of the home remedies that Mrs. Kapp is taking? Would you encourage or discourage her from continuing them?
7. What might the nurse have done to help ensure that Ruth would make the appointments for herself and her daughter?
8. What advice would you give Ruth regarding the home remedies that she and her daughter are currently taking? Would you encourage or discourage their use?
9. Do you think Mrs. Kapp will return for her appointment next week? Why? What would you do if she did not return for her appointment?
10. Do you think that Ruth will make and keep appointments for herself and her daughter?
11. What would you do to encourage Mr. Kapp to consent to a health
12. What additional services could you suggest to assist the Kapp family at this time?
13. What additional follow-up do you consider essential for the Kapp family?
14. What advice would you give Ruth regarding her daughter’s frequent bouts of diarrhea?
Your presentation should be 8-10 slides (not including title, objectives, and references slides) with detailed notes for each slide. No audio recording is required. Be sure to completely answer all the questions. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end.
Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations by going to the Writing and Resource center, Module 3: Assignments, Microsoft, and utilize the Microsoft Overview and the Creating a Quality PowerPoint video.
Length: 8-10 slides; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Title slide (1 slide)
African-American Case Study #2: at least 3 slides
Appalachian Case Study #1: at least 3 slides
References (1 slide)
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include scholarly sources to support your claims
As the best, my homework help website in the world, Writersabc.com strives to deliver only high-quality finished papers to all customers. We value impeccable quality and guarantee that we will deliver on that promise more than anything else. We will deliver!
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
Have you received your finished paper but are not satisfied with what our writer submitted? You can initiate our money-back guarantee to get your money back with no strings attached.Read more
Writersabc.com is the best my homework help website in the world. At WritersABC, we have a team of certified, tried, and tested writers who work around the clock to ensure that you receive only high-quality, 100% original finished papers.Read more
At WritersABC, we guarantee all our customers of the best essay writing service in the writing industry. And that’s precisely what we strive to deliver. As such, we encourage all our customers to utilize our unlimited free-revision policy if you aren’t satisfied with your paper. Don’t accept any paper until you are 100% satisfied with it.Read more
We value the trust that our clients accord us and respect every customers’ rights to personal data protection. We will never share, sell, or rent any information that we collect from you with any third parties. Both your personal and financial information is safe with us.Read more
We have only gotten this far with the help of our loyal customers and a team of dedicated experts. As the best, my homework help website, WritersABC implores customers to help make our writers’ work easier. Visit our fair-cooperation guarantee for more information on the same.Read more