Clinical documentation is the basis not only for providing high-quality patient care but also for showing compliance with various regulations and requirements, as well as processing healthcare reimbursement accurately and timely. When clinical documentation does not adhere to the expected level of data integrity and/or best practices, issues may emerge. Queries are one way of addressing documentation quality. There are different ways of querying a clinician. AHIMA provides some examples at: Physician Query Examples | Journal Of AHIMA (Links to an external site.) click on this link>>https://journal.ahima.org/physician-query-examples/
Review the examples provided along with the weekly readings, and (1) discuss one of the query methods and the best scenarios for using it. Next, (2) scroll down in the Physician Query Examples page and read some of the comments to identify a relevant example or select among the examples shared in this list Week 13 Discussion Examples of documentation discrepancies.docx download. (3) Select one of the questions asked, and (4) discuss how you would respond to that question.
Examples of documentation discrepancies. What type of query would be best to use when reaching out to physicians for additional documentation or clarification?
1. Physician documented acute myocardial infarction but no other details were found in the record
2. The notes mention that patient has diabetes but no other details are specified.
3. You are reviewing the record of pregnant women. In the notes, hypertension is mentioned but no other details.
4. In the history and physical, you read that the patient has nutritional anemia. You look into the labs and notes and you do not find anything else.
5. The patient underwent a procedure for the future of the forearm. The procedure notes explain what happened during the procedure, medications, and tools used, but there is no mention of the size of the suture.
6. Patient was admitted with severe burns. You read in the record that they were second-degree burns but that is not enough to finish the coding for the burns.
The initial response must be relevant, detailed, specific, at least 250 words
As the best, my homework help website in the world, Writersabc.com strives to deliver only high-quality finished papers to all customers. We value impeccable quality and guarantee that we will deliver on that promise more than anything else. We will deliver!
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
Have you received your finished paper but are not satisfied with what our writer submitted? You can initiate our money-back guarantee to get your money back with no strings attached.Read more
Writersabc.com is the best my homework help website in the world. At WritersABC, we have a team of certified, tried, and tested writers who work around the clock to ensure that you receive only high-quality, 100% original finished papers.Read more
At WritersABC, we guarantee all our customers of the best essay writing service in the writing industry. And that’s precisely what we strive to deliver. As such, we encourage all our customers to utilize our unlimited free-revision policy if you aren’t satisfied with your paper. Don’t accept any paper until you are 100% satisfied with it.Read more
We value the trust that our clients accord us and respect every customers’ rights to personal data protection. We will never share, sell, or rent any information that we collect from you with any third parties. Both your personal and financial information is safe with us.Read more
We have only gotten this far with the help of our loyal customers and a team of dedicated experts. As the best, my homework help website, WritersABC implores customers to help make our writers’ work easier. Visit our fair-cooperation guarantee for more information on the same.Read more