you are working with an adolescent with bulimia.
1- Do a breve and concise description of the eating disorders, risk factors, prevalence.
2- Any medical conditions to consider as possible causes? *[ Medical issues should be reviewed, including weight and menstrual history. A complete review of systems is indicated, as anorexia nervosa can manifest a multitude of disturbances, including cardiovascular symptoms (e.g., bradycardia and other arrhythmias, including QTc prolongation, and hypotension), gastrointestinal symptoms (e.g., slow motility, esophageal inflammation associated with purging), endocrinologic symptoms (low estrogen in females, low testosterone in males, osteopenia, and osteoporosis), and dermatologic changes, such as the development of a layer of fine hair (lanugo) on the face and extremities].
3- To establish your differential diagnosis and prove that your patient has anorexia, describe the DSM-5, criteria for the diagnosis for:
– anorexia nervosa. *[The patient has … and meet the DSM-5 criteria for the diagnosis of anorexia nervosa]
– bulimia. *[symptoms include…, she doesn’t meet the criteria for the diagnosis of bulimia]
– Obsessive-compulsive disorder symptoms of food avoidance and distorted beliefs about one’s body. *[the patient doesn’t has … symptoms, so doesn’t meet the criteria for the diagnosis of OCD]
4 – What is the neurobiological cause of eating disorders? ( focus your attention on the diagnosis of your patient: anorexia nervosa). *[neurobiological hypotheses suggested abnormalities in CNS serotonin, increased serotonin activity, such as elevated levels of the serotonin metabolite 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid in the CSF and reduced binding potential of 5-HT 2A receptors, suggestive of higher levels of circulating CNS serotonin, in several brain regions].
5 – Why is important a multidisciplinary approach for weight restoration as a treatment of eating disorders?
all the answers need to be supported by a reference, concise and straight to the point.
*Know that All responses will be Turnitin checked.
Use an APA 7 style and a minimum of 250 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. Citation and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply. Include the Doi or URL link.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website or blogs should not be used for more information on Anorexia Nervosacheck on this:https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorexia_nervosa