DNCE 303 Midterm Research Project Fall 2020
Research Paper Guidelines:
Part of the goal of this class is to broaden your dance horizons by introducing you to Mexican folklórico dance and its contemporary issues, as well as the range of currently choreographing and performing dance companies and choreographers. To that end, this option is dedicated to your exploration of who is dancing folklórico right now, what issues are prominent, and how these contemporary choreographers envision their world through folklórico dance. The result will be a 4-6-page paper (with works cited page) analyzing a folklórico choreographer or folklórico dance company using the critical frameworks explored in one of the modules covered in this class (e.g. race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, or ritual).
1. This paper must be 4-6 pages long (double-spaced, 1-inch margins, 12pt font.) This page requirement does NOT include title page or works cited.
2. You may include some photos if you so choose, but the use of photos is not included in the page length requirement.
3. You must cite at least 3 sources, not including sources for visual supports. These are scholarly sources such as journal articles, book chapters, and books, NOT Wikipedia or .com websites. You may use up to 2 sources from our class materials.
4. You are welcome but not required to write in the first person (I, me).
5. PROOFREAD. Then proofread again; typographical, grammatical, and spelling errors will affect your grade.
6. If you borrow specific words or phrases from a text, they must be put in quotation marks.
• In brief, use parenthetical citations for all quotations or other references (author and page number) in the body of the text. For example:
RIGHT: As Jowitt notes, “Description at its best is not simply about surface” (9).
WRONG: As Jowitt notes, “Description at its best is not simply about the surface.” (9).
WRONG: Jowitt notes, “Description at its best is not simply about the surface.” (9)
RIGHT: The dance “has always held violent potential” (Browning 168).
WRONG: The dance “has always held violent potential,” (Browning 168).
7. Use a “Works Cited” format where you list at the end of the essay all of the works you’ve cited.
8. Standard formatting is required. That means that papers must be typed, double-spaced, 1-inch margins on ALL sides, 12-point font, in Times New Roman ONLY. Do not add extra spaces between paragraphs. Use a separate cover page for all header information and begin the body of your paper at the top of the next page. Cover pages are not included in the page requirement.
DNCE 303 Midterm Research Project Fall 2020
Here is an EXAMPLE of the format of a formal paper (You do not have to format your project exactly this way):
Title Page: Your name, course, date, the title of your paper Introduction
a. Basic description of the dancer, dance work, or dance company you chose to analyze.
b. Your THESIS. I believe the ……. of this dance company shows meaning through (this is one example- theses can be written many ways!)
(3-4 well-developed ideas should be sufficient for this project; you may choose to use more, as long as you meet the length requirements of at least 4 pages but no more than 6. Please remember to back up your analyses with what you see in the dance or dance works.)
a. Reiterate your thesis and how the ideas presented show your interpretation of meaning in the specific dance work.
As the best, my homework help website in the world, Writersabc.com strives to deliver only high-quality finished papers to all customers. We value impeccable quality and guarantee that we will deliver on that promise more than anything else. We will deliver!
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
Have you received your finished paper but are not satisfied with what our writer submitted? You can initiate our money-back guarantee to get your money back with no strings attached.Read more
Writersabc.com is the best my homework help website in the world. At WritersABC, we have a team of certified, tried, and tested writers who work around the clock to ensure that you receive only high-quality, 100% original finished papers.Read more
At WritersABC, we guarantee all our customers of the best essay writing service in the writing industry. And that’s precisely what we strive to deliver. As such, we encourage all our customers to utilize our unlimited free-revision policy if you aren’t satisfied with your paper. Don’t accept any paper until you are 100% satisfied with it.Read more
We value the trust that our clients accord us and respect every customers’ rights to personal data protection. We will never share, sell, or rent any information that we collect from you with any third parties. Both your personal and financial information is safe with us.Read more
We have only gotten this far with the help of our loyal customers and a team of dedicated experts. As the best, my homework help website, WritersABC implores customers to help make our writers’ work easier. Visit our fair-cooperation guarantee for more information on the same.Read more