As our country has become more polarized and the government has moved to restrict both legal and illegal immigration through travel bans, immigration raids, and incarceration of migrant families and individuals, the concept of what it means to be “American” and belong in America has been strongly contested.
In exploring these issues of the different kinds of American identities and experiences, you will tell a story of one of your personal experiences that formed your own identity. Within that exploration, explain how this experience made you feel, describe the experiences of your family and how they have shaped your identity, and analyze what you learned from your personal and familial experiences that have given you a sense of how you fit into American society.
What Else Do I Need to Think About While Writing My Essay?
1. Purpose: Choose one memory to write about and reflect on. Use the examples we read about and listened to in our textbook and the NPR podcasts as models for the kind of writing you will do.
2. Description: Use effective and vivid concrete details, sensory descriptions, and figurative language to make your memoir come alive for readers.
3. Organization: The presentation or order of events should make sense for the story you are telling. Transition between ideas and paragraphs, and make sure that your essay is cohesive and “flows” well.
4. Focus: All the details you present must be relevant to the intent of the piece. Focus on your own personal experiences. Sources are not required.
5. Style: Name characters (people) and describe their actions using strong verbs. The writing should resemble a memoir-style rather than an “essay for an English course.”
6. Formatting: Use MLA Style to format your essay with the correct heading, essay title, page numbers, spacing, and font style/size. If you choose to include outside sources, cite them using proper MLA format in parenthetical (in-text) citations and a Works Cited page.
I am from Ukraine. I live have lived here since May 2011. I have 2 sons 21 20 years old, and a husband.
As the best, my homework help website in the world, Writersabc.com strives to deliver only high-quality finished papers to all customers. We value impeccable quality and guarantee that we will deliver on that promise more than anything else. We will deliver!
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
Have you received your finished paper but are not satisfied with what our writer submitted? You can initiate our money-back guarantee to get your money back with no strings attached.Read more
Writersabc.com is the best my homework help website in the world. At WritersABC, we have a team of certified, tried, and tested writers who work around the clock to ensure that you receive only high-quality, 100% original finished papers.Read more
At WritersABC, we guarantee all our customers of the best essay writing service in the writing industry. And that’s precisely what we strive to deliver. As such, we encourage all our customers to utilize our unlimited free-revision policy if you aren’t satisfied with your paper. Don’t accept any paper until you are 100% satisfied with it.Read more
We value the trust that our clients accord us and respect every customers’ rights to personal data protection. We will never share, sell, or rent any information that we collect from you with any third parties. Both your personal and financial information is safe with us.Read more
We have only gotten this far with the help of our loyal customers and a team of dedicated experts. As the best, my homework help website, WritersABC implores customers to help make our writers’ work easier. Visit our fair-cooperation guarantee for more information on the same.Read more