For this assignment, you will play the role of an employee in a situation that serves young people and you will compose a memo to your supervisor to request funding for some children’s books.
· A school and the memo is addressed to the principal
· An after-school program, and the memo is addressed to the director
· A juvenile detention facility and the memo is addressed person in charge
1. describe the books you want, listing at least 3 specific titles.
2. explain how books can help young people. For this, draw on
a. the online material you’ve read about the values of literature;
b. the explanations of the uses of each genre and their qualities;
c. think about how the specific titles you are requesting match to specific goals and objectives for the children in your setting.
3. give a cost estimate, using amazon.com or other bookselling sites.
4. include a cover sheet explaining the purpose of the memo.
You will submit a cover sheet that describes the situation, followed by your memo. Look at this sample memo from the OWL at Purdue. This is an accurate example of a professionally prepared memo.
The maximum length for the memo portion is 2 pages but must include all important information. As you are preparing your memo, think about important points for writing to busy administrators:
· Be as succinct as you can without losing meaning.
· Focus on the main ideas. How does your selection books reflect the academic or social needs of the students you serve? Make a strong case in support of your request. Be ready to elaborate later if asked.
· Get to your points quickly in the initial memo. Administrators are busy and need to be able to understand your request as efficiently as possible.
· End with an offer to provide more information if requested and an expression of appreciation for the person’s time and consideration.
· “White space” is helpful making the memo easier to read. Here are ways to increase white space:
o Use several short paragraphs
o Put a blank line between each paragraph
o Use bulleted lists where appropriate.
· Busy administrators do not like to read lengthy requests, but at the same time, all important facts and requests must be included.
· Use complete sentences, standard punctuation, and correct spelling; this is necessary for you to have maximum credibility. Poor grammar is the best way for your request to be denied!
Scroll down to pages 3 & 4 and use as a template for your Memo
Writing Assignment Module 2: Request for Funds [Include this page of instructions along with The Memo to the University Writing Center]
Copy pages 3 and 4 into a new document for your submission.
Describe the situation:
Describe the young people in the situation
Use the format that begins on the next page.
As the best, my homework help website in the world, Writersabc.com strives to deliver only high-quality finished papers to all customers. We value impeccable quality and guarantee that we will deliver on that promise more than anything else. We will deliver!
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
Have you received your finished paper but are not satisfied with what our writer submitted? You can initiate our money-back guarantee to get your money back with no strings attached.Read more
Writersabc.com is the best my homework help website in the world. At WritersABC, we have a team of certified, tried, and tested writers who work around the clock to ensure that you receive only high-quality, 100% original finished papers.Read more
At WritersABC, we guarantee all our customers of the best essay writing service in the writing industry. And that’s precisely what we strive to deliver. As such, we encourage all our customers to utilize our unlimited free-revision policy if you aren’t satisfied with your paper. Don’t accept any paper until you are 100% satisfied with it.Read more
We value the trust that our clients accord us and respect every customers’ rights to personal data protection. We will never share, sell, or rent any information that we collect from you with any third parties. Both your personal and financial information is safe with us.Read more
We have only gotten this far with the help of our loyal customers and a team of dedicated experts. As the best, my homework help website, WritersABC implores customers to help make our writers’ work easier. Visit our fair-cooperation guarantee for more information on the same.Read more