Week 4 Discussion
For this assignment, you will review the latest evidence-based guidelines as they pertain to the case below. Please make sure you are using scholarly references and they should not be older than 5 years. The posts/references must be in APA format.
CM is a 43-year-old female who presents with concerns regarding two painless right-breast lumps that she detected four months ago. She missed an appointment for evaluation by her primary-care provider at that time and presents today with reportedly no change in these findings since that time. There has been no breast discharge, bleeding, overlying skin changes, lymphadenopathy, or fevers; she denies recent or past breast trauma. She did, however, undergo a stereostatic breast biopsy three years ago that demonstrated atypical lobular hyperplasia, and there is a known family history of breast cancer (mother, diagnosis at age 48). Current review is significant for a 10-pound weight loss due to diminished appetite over the last two months. Amenorrheic x three years; no current hormonal-replacement therapy or previous oral-contraceptive use; had levonorgestrel implantation at age 28, removed at age 33 and has only used condoms since, but nothing now as she is not sexually active.
This case is meant to highlight indications for breast-cancer screening and to outline the standard evaluation of a female who presents with a breast mass.
Learning objectives for the case:
• Distinguish between the common types of breast masses.
• Know the guidelines for breast-cancer screening.
• Explain the reasoning behind the standard diagnostic approach to a patient with a breast mass.
Also review with following in order to adequately answer the questions in regard to the case above:
• Epidemiology: what is the latest information regarding Breast Cancer?
• Clinical considerations: what are the considerations you should explore in regard to this disorder (e.g. most common presenting symptom, less common symptoms, physical exam findings, testing to order (with rationale) – which is most recommended in regard to this case and why.
• Review the TMN classification system.
• Review the SEER staging system as an alternative rating system for epidemiology reporting.
• Explain the Risk factors for developing breast cancer. What risk factors does this patient have for breast cancer?
After completing your Case Study and reviewing the guidelines for breast-cancer screening, answer the following Discussion Board questions using the latest evidenced based guidelines:
• Discuss the questions that would be important to include when interviewing a patient with this issue, including any risk factors she may have.
• Describe the clinical findings that may be present in a patient with this issue.
• Are there any diagnostic studies that should be ordered on this patient? Why?
• List the primary diagnosis and three differential diagnoses for this patient. Explain your reasoning for each.
• Discuss your management plan for this patient, including pharmacologic therapies, tests, patient education, referrals, and follow-ups.
As the best, my homework help website in the world, Writersabc.com strives to deliver only high-quality finished papers to all customers. We value impeccable quality and guarantee that we will deliver on that promise more than anything else. We will deliver!
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
Have you received your finished paper but are not satisfied with what our writer submitted? You can initiate our money-back guarantee to get your money back with no strings attached.Read more
Writersabc.com is the best my homework help website in the world. At WritersABC, we have a team of certified, tried, and tested writers who work around the clock to ensure that you receive only high-quality, 100% original finished papers.Read more
At WritersABC, we guarantee all our customers of the best essay writing service in the writing industry. And that’s precisely what we strive to deliver. As such, we encourage all our customers to utilize our unlimited free-revision policy if you aren’t satisfied with your paper. Don’t accept any paper until you are 100% satisfied with it.Read more
We value the trust that our clients accord us and respect every customers’ rights to personal data protection. We will never share, sell, or rent any information that we collect from you with any third parties. Both your personal and financial information is safe with us.Read more
We have only gotten this far with the help of our loyal customers and a team of dedicated experts. As the best, my homework help website, WritersABC implores customers to help make our writers’ work easier. Visit our fair-cooperation guarantee for more information on the same.Read more