PART 1 (10 marks) Atherosclerotic plaque formation
1. Describe the step for the formation of an atherosclerotic in the upper branch of the left coronary artery
· Include in your answer the pathological changes at the level of the artery
· Include in your answer the risk factors that would lead to this plaque formation
Rupture of a plaque in the left coronary artery
2. Differentiate between a stable and unstable plaque.
A stable adequate is blood flow and the symptoms quickly subside without any damage to the heart and dot not tend to form cloth.
An Unstable plaque is a restriction of blood flow in the coronary artery,
3. Describe what happens when an unstable plaque rupture
An unstable plaque going to be hemorrhage into the plaque or thrombotic occlusion of the vessel lumen.
4. Describe what happens to the contents of a ruptured plaque of the upper branch of the left coronary artery. Where could the contents go?
1. What happens as it progresses through the coronary circulation?
2. What areas of the heart will it affect?
cluding the arteries to the heart.
PART 2 (10 marks)
Hypertension mechanisms and pathophysiology
Describe the risk factors that contribute to hypertension
• Describe how the risk factors contribute to the development of hypertension
salt intake, obesity and insulin resistance, the renin-angiotensin system, and the sympathetic nervous system.
6. How do the various components of the autonomic nervous system influence blood pressure?
· Include in your answer the involvement of the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system?
· How does the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone (RAA) system influence blood pressure?
Renin is secreted from the juxtaglomerular apparatus of the kidney in response to glomerular under perfusion or a reduced salt intake. It is also released in response to stimulation from the sympathetic nervous system
7. How is the diagnosis of hypertension made?
8. What are the manifestations related to hypertension?
• Include in your answer target-organ damage
9. How do medications act to control blood pressure?
• Include in your answer, what are some non-pharmacological interventions to manage blood pressure, how do they help?
As the best, my homework help website in the world, Writersabc.com strives to deliver only high-quality finished papers to all customers. We value impeccable quality and guarantee that we will deliver on that promise more than anything else. We will deliver!
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
Have you received your finished paper but are not satisfied with what our writer submitted? You can initiate our money-back guarantee to get your money back with no strings attached.Read more
Writersabc.com is the best my homework help website in the world. At WritersABC, we have a team of certified, tried, and tested writers who work around the clock to ensure that you receive only high-quality, 100% original finished papers.Read more
At WritersABC, we guarantee all our customers of the best essay writing service in the writing industry. And that’s precisely what we strive to deliver. As such, we encourage all our customers to utilize our unlimited free-revision policy if you aren’t satisfied with your paper. Don’t accept any paper until you are 100% satisfied with it.Read more
We value the trust that our clients accord us and respect every customers’ rights to personal data protection. We will never share, sell, or rent any information that we collect from you with any third parties. Both your personal and financial information is safe with us.Read more
We have only gotten this far with the help of our loyal customers and a team of dedicated experts. As the best, my homework help website, WritersABC implores customers to help make our writers’ work easier. Visit our fair-cooperation guarantee for more information on the same.Read more