Students are required to view on Youtube (or another video platform) one full musical concert and write a three to five page response to the performance using the information and terminology you have learned in our class. This assignment should be typed in formal English and submitted through Blackboard. It is due on or before midnight on Friday, April 30th (the last day of remote class). Your chosen concert should pertain to western art music or other musical styles addressed in our class. Acceptable musical styles include all “classical” performances, opera performances, musical theater performances, jazz concerts, and concerts of non-western music (such as the music of Brazil, India, Africa, etc.).
Please consider utilizing the following analytical strategies in your paper. Discuss the items that are most important and relevant to your musical experience as you consider each work on the program (please feel free to include other observations as well):
• Please analyze the pieces using the five foundational questions from our textbook that guide our musical discussions: What is it? How does it work? What does it mean? What is its history? Where do we go from here?
• What did you like and/or dislike about the performance? Why? Please be honest and straightforward, but justify your position.
• Discuss the most prominent musical features of the particular compositions. Please consider information learned in the introduction of your textbook and apply these musical concepts (melody, harmony, rhythm, texture, form, style, etc.).
• Discuss the instrumentation of specific works and how it was exploited for aesthetic effect.
• Discuss the musical features of the compositions as they relate to the historical period of the work.
• Discuss the importance of knowing the program in a programmatic work.
• Discuss the role of the conductor (if there is one) and how he/she led the ensemble.
• Discuss your level of interest and how it increased or decreased during the performance. Relate any observations you may have about the concert atmosphere, audience members and concert etiquette issues.
Please do not be overly concerned about the accuracy of your statements, as I would rather have you make an inaccurate aural assessment rather than avoid these issues entirely. I want you to test your ear and challenge yourself to listen more actively. This activity requires practice
As the best, my homework help website in the world, Writersabc.com strives to deliver only high-quality finished papers to all customers. We value impeccable quality and guarantee that we will deliver on that promise more than anything else. We will deliver!
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
Have you received your finished paper but are not satisfied with what our writer submitted? You can initiate our money-back guarantee to get your money back with no strings attached.Read more
Writersabc.com is the best my homework help website in the world. At WritersABC, we have a team of certified, tried, and tested writers who work around the clock to ensure that you receive only high-quality, 100% original finished papers.Read more
At WritersABC, we guarantee all our customers of the best essay writing service in the writing industry. And that’s precisely what we strive to deliver. As such, we encourage all our customers to utilize our unlimited free-revision policy if you aren’t satisfied with your paper. Don’t accept any paper until you are 100% satisfied with it.Read more
We value the trust that our clients accord us and respect every customers’ rights to personal data protection. We will never share, sell, or rent any information that we collect from you with any third parties. Both your personal and financial information is safe with us.Read more
We have only gotten this far with the help of our loyal customers and a team of dedicated experts. As the best, my homework help website, WritersABC implores customers to help make our writers’ work easier. Visit our fair-cooperation guarantee for more information on the same.Read more