1. Please don’t copy & paste below in the writing – it intends to give you an overall of the paper
2. Please provide as many references it needs to get points across
3. Format: intro (~1.5 pages), related work (~1.5 pages), discussion (~4 pages) conclusion (~1 page)
4. System dynamics: mention one negative and one positive feedback loops (algorithm automatons/computing indirectly cause climate change)
5. Sustainability: discuss the need for sustainable developments (individual, social, technical, economic, environmental)
5. Contribution: reviews suggest work done for energy-efficient algorithms are not fighting for climate change explicitly instead for other reasons such as lowering costs (increase profits), we want to argue that having more energy-efficient algorithms is not enough because more energy will be consumed at the end like bitcoin scenario (rebound effect/Jevon’s paradox). Here we want to call for algorithmic audit revolution.
Ubiquitous computing is reshaping our societies, they enable us to be more efficient in many ways but often the software designers and developers tend to forget the consequences these automatons would cause such as carbon dioxide, carbon footprint, or carbon emission, which would contribute to the climate change. The same phenomena could be seen in cloud computing in which machines are doing the computing work in data centers constantly, however, the amount of energy it requires to host a data center alone is enormous not to mention data processing could add to its energy consumption. Recently, many efforts have put into making these applications more energy-efficient, many applying the AI/ML methodologies. However, it is still up to software designers to adopt them. Therefore, this paper calls for energy-awareness for software designers and developers to build responsible (fairness, accountability, transparency, ethical) software, they should be energy-savvy and saving energy in developing computing applications. Moreover, our findings suggest that there is a notion of saving energy but often are cost-driven, not environmental-driven. Finally, we argue it is not enough by building energy-efficient applications as it will likely result in a rebound effect (Jevon’s Paradox) as energy consumption could still rise. Therefore, we suggest that governments should impose an algorithmic audit (internal and external) principles/rules/regulations for companies to follow to reduce further harm.
As the best, my homework help website in the world, Writersabc.com strives to deliver only high-quality finished papers to all customers. We value impeccable quality and guarantee that we will deliver on that promise more than anything else. We will deliver!
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
Have you received your finished paper but are not satisfied with what our writer submitted? You can initiate our money-back guarantee to get your money back with no strings attached.Read more
Writersabc.com is the best my homework help website in the world. At WritersABC, we have a team of certified, tried, and tested writers who work around the clock to ensure that you receive only high-quality, 100% original finished papers.Read more
At WritersABC, we guarantee all our customers of the best essay writing service in the writing industry. And that’s precisely what we strive to deliver. As such, we encourage all our customers to utilize our unlimited free-revision policy if you aren’t satisfied with your paper. Don’t accept any paper until you are 100% satisfied with it.Read more
We value the trust that our clients accord us and respect every customers’ rights to personal data protection. We will never share, sell, or rent any information that we collect from you with any third parties. Both your personal and financial information is safe with us.Read more
We have only gotten this far with the help of our loyal customers and a team of dedicated experts. As the best, my homework help website, WritersABC implores customers to help make our writers’ work easier. Visit our fair-cooperation guarantee for more information on the same.Read more